Friday, March 31, 2006

The Power of Prayer

I guess the worst thing about prayer is the way it never works. I remember thinking years ago that if I was holy enough, devoted enough, knew the mind of God enough then I would be able to pray and have my prayers answered. I was wrong.

In fact most prayer is a complete waste of time. In most church meetings prayer can become a weapon in the hands of a minister/pastor who decides they will pray at people rather than with them. The prayer then turns into a another sermon.

All those wasted hours spent praying could have been better used. However someone has now conducted a serious study into the effects of prayer.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12082681/
The findings predictably were "Results showed no effect of prayer on complication-free recovery." In the end though Christians inevitably claimed that you cannot test the power of prayer. Maybe thats because there is no test that will find it to actually work. So the tests must all be wrong.

Imaginary friends don't really act in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home