Monday, January 30, 2006

I guess for me one of the hardest things about withdrawing from church has been the loss of that sense of belonging to a group. You are a part of a larger whole in the church. There is purpose, the sense of a shared goal and common bond. It's not all positive of course, but on the whole it provides a sense of reassurance that you don't get anywhere else.

The biggest positive has been stepping away from the bubble of the fundie mindset. It really was like my brain was in a bubble. I thought a certain way, looked at the world in that same way. I could reject other peoples ideas without having to even consider them on there merits. Stepping outside opened up the whole world and gave a very powerful feeling of being in the same world as everyone else. A sense of all people sharing a common experience of life.

I will have to consider other positives and negatives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home