Thursday, March 20, 2003

I guess this site is going to be about my changing thinking on matters religious. It's sort of public but not really, so here goes. It all started with my religious up bringing. I always believed just what I had been told. As I got older I became more and more absorbed until I made my religion my whole life. I took it all very seriously and it seemed to meet all of my needs for meaning and belonging. However as I started to learn more I also found myself asking questions. Initially questions that strengthened my belief but as time went by i began to uncover areas that caused me to worry. I had accepted that the bible was the innerent word of God and when I looked into the history of the early church I was stunned to find that this was not always the case. At University I started to ask more such questions, my minister at the time said that my questions were unusual and few if anyone he knew of addressed them. he was wrong, I have only discovered that in the last 12 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home